An overview of Dr. Larregina's research can be found here.
Education & Training
- B.S., National University of La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- M.D., National University of La Plata, Argentina
- Ph.D., University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Pathologist, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
· Larregina AT (Corresponding author), Morelli AE, Spencer LA, Logar A, Watkins SC, Thomson AW and Falo LD Jr. Dermal CD14+ cells differentiate into Langerhans cells in the presence of GM-SCF, IL-4 and TGF- b1. Nature Immunol. 2: 1151-1158, 2001.
· Larregina AT (Corresponding author), Morelli AE, Tkacheva Olga , Erdos G, Watkins SC, Thomson AW and Falo LD Jr. Highly efficient expression of transgenic proteins by naked DNA-transfected dendritic cells through terminal differentiation. Blood. 103: 811-819. 2004.
· Morelli AE, Rubin P, Tkacheva O, Zahorchack A, Thomson AW, Falo LD Jr. and Larregina AT. (Corresponding author). Induction of CD4+ T cell responses by different subpopulations human skin dendritic cells. J Immunol. 175: 7905-7915, 2005.
· Mathers AR and Larregina AT (Correponding author). Professional Antigen Presenting Cells of the Skin. Immunol Res. 36: 127-136, 2006.
· Mathers AR, Tckacheva OA, Janelsins BM, Shufesky WJ, Morelli AE, and Larregina AT. (Corresponding author). In vivo signaling through the neurokinin 1 receptor favors transgene expression by Langerhans cells and promotes the generation of Th1-Tc1 biased immune responses. J Immunol. 78:7006-7017, 2007.
· Mathers AR, Janelsins BM, Rubin JP, Tkacheva OA, Shufesky WJ, Morelli AE, and Larregina AT. (Corresponding author). Differential capabilities of human cutaneous dendritic cell subsets to initiate Th17 responses. J Immunol. 182: 921-933, 2009.
· Janelsins BM, Mathers AR, Tkacheva OA, Erdos G, Shufesky WJ, Morelli AE, and Larregina AT. (Corresponding author). Pro-inflammatory tachykinins that signal through the neurokinin 1 receptor promote survival of dendritic cells and potent cellular immunity. Blood. 113: 3017-3026, 2009.
· Divito SJ, Morelli AE, and Larregina AT (Corresponding author). Role of neurokinin-1 receptor in the initiation and maintenance of skin chronic inflammatory diseases. Immunol Res. 50: 195-201, 2011.
Sumpter TL, Ho CH, Pleet A, Tkacheva OA, Shufesky WJ, Rojas-Canales DM, Morelli AE, and Larregina AT (Corresponding author). Autocrine hemokinin-1 functions as endogenous adjuvant for IgE-mediated mast cell inflammatory responses. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 135: 1019-1030, 2015.
· Larregina AT (Corresponding author), Divito SJ and Morelli AE. Nociceptive neurons as targets to control immunity: Potential relevance for transplantation. Am J Transplant. 15: 1472-1474, 2015.
Cutaneous Immunology. Role of cutaneous neuroinflammation. Study of the relevance of pro-inflammatory neuropeptides as stimulators of dendritic cell , mast cells and T cells. immunostimulary function; use of antagonists of the pro-inflammatory neurokinin-1 receptor for the prevention and treatment of skin inflammatory and autoimmune diseases; study of the relevance of human cutaneous DCs at different maturation stages.
Grant Number: R01 AR068249
Title: Manipulating Cutaneous Neuroimmunity to Treat Contact Dermatitis
Role: Co-Principal Investigator
Source of funding: NIH / NIAMS
Years Inclusive: 7/1/2015-6/30/2020
Grant number: R01HL130191.
Title: Exosomes as paracrine signal mediators in cardiac allograft rejection
Role: Co- Investigator.
Years inclusive: 02/1/2016 – 1/31/2020.
Source of funding: NIH / NIHLBI
Grant Number: K01 AR067250
Title: Manipulating Neuropeptide Receptors in Mast Cells for Atopic Dermatitis Treatment.
Role: Scientific Mentor.
Years Inclusive: 7/1/2015 -6/30/2020