Alaina J. James, MD, PhD joined the faculty at the Department of Dermatology in 2012. Dr. James completed her undergraduate degree in Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, from Yale University. She simultaneously earned her medical degree and PhD, in cellular biology, at Baylor College of Medicine.
Prior to joining the Deparmtment of Dermatology, Dr. James was a faculty member at the University of Pennsylvania's Department of Dermatology.
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Women’s Dermatology Society
- Pittsburgh Dermatological Society
- Gateway Medical Society
Education & Training
- B.S., Yale University
- Ph.D., Baylor College of Medicine
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine
- Internship, Morristown Memorial Hospital, New Jersey
- Residency, Dermatology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Dr. James’ publications can be reviewed at the National Library of Medicine’s public database.