Education & Training
- M.D., Madras Medical College, India
- Residency, Pathology, KEM Hospital & Seth G S Medical College
- Residency, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Pittsburgh
- Fellowship, Molecular Genetic Pathology, University of Pittsburgh
- Fellowship, Dermatopathology, University of Pittsburgh
Dr. Karunamurthy's research interests are in molecular oncology through the application of molecular and genomic tools in the diagnostic, prognostic, and predicative purposes of solid tumors especially in melanomas and cutaneous lymphomas. Dr. Karunamurthy's specific interests also include digital predictive immunoscoring, melanoma biomarker research and molecular bioinformatics applications.