Corey J. Georgesen, MD joined the Department of Dermatology's Division of Dermatopathology in July 2019. Prior to beginning his dermatopathology fellowship, Dr. Georgesen spent the 2108-2019 academic year serving as the Department's Teledermatology fellow and holding a faculty appointment. He successfully completed his residency training in Dermatology at Weill Cornell Medical college, after earning his medical degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Dr. Georgesen also earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Nebraska, where he majored in biochemistry.
Education & Training
- B.S. - University of Nebraska
- MD, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Internship, California Pacific Medical Center
- Dermatology Residency, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Fellowship, Teledermatology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Georgesen C, Lipner SR. Letter to the Editor: Surgical Smoke: Current Recommendations for Clinical Practice. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2018 Nov 14. pii: S0190-9622(18)32889-5.
- Georgesen C, Lipner SR. Surgical smoke: Risk assessment and mitigation strategies. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2018 Oct;79(4):746-755.
- Georgesen C, Huang J, Avarbock, A, Harp J, Magro C. Orofacial Granulomatosis and Erythema Multiforme in a Pediatric Patient with Incipient Crohn’s Disease. Pediatric Dermatology. 2018 Sep;35(5):e294-e297.
- Georgesen C, Ahn C, Asgari M, Strowd L, Sangueza O. A man with fever and bullous plaques on the thigh. The American Journal of Dermatopathology. 2018 Jun 5. [Epub ahead of print].
- Georgesen C, Wildman H, Wang X, Magro C. Pediatric pustular psoriasis responsive to cyclosporine bridged to etanercept: A treatment approach. Dermatol Online J. 2017 Nov 15;23(11).
- Georgesen C, Magro C. Myoepithelial-Rich and Infiltrative Giant Vascular Eccrine Spiradenoma: A Unique Presentation of a Rare Adnexal Tumor. The American Journal of Dermatopathology. 2017 Sep 26. doi: 10.1097/DAD.0000000000001007. [Epub ahead of print]
- Georgesen C, Kheterpal M, Pulitzer M. A Rare Case of Cutaneous Plasmacytosis in a Korean Male. Case Rep Pathol. 2017:3032941. doi: 10.1155/2017/3032941. Epub 2017 Aug 7.
- Georgesen C, Magro C. Eruptive Keratoacanthomatous-like Discoid Lupus Erythematosus. The American Journal of Dermatopathology. 2017 Aug 9. doi: 10.1097/DAD.0000000000000971. [Epub ahead of print]
- Georgesen C, Ladak K, Harp J, Magro C. Streptococcal-induced Kawasaki disease of the psoriasiform phenotype in a young adult. Int J Dermatol. 2017 Sep;56(9):965-967. doi:10.1111/ijd.13698. Epub 2017 Jul 18.
- Georgesen C, Lipner S. The development, evidence, and current use of ATX-101 in treating submental fat. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2017 Jun;16(2):174-179. doi: 10.1111/jocd.12347. Epub 2017 Apr 21. Review.
- Georgesen C, Gaan J, Magro C. A 32-Year-Old Female with Tender Nodules that Ulcerate. The American Journal of Dermatopathology. 2017 Mar 29. doi: 10.1097/DAD.0000000000000877. [Epub ahead of print].
- Georgesen C, Lieber S, Lee H. A Fixed Drug Eruption Associated with Mycophenolate. JAAD Case Reports. 2017 March; 3(2): 98-9.
- Georgesen C, McDonough P, Cruz P. Interstitial granulomatous dermatitis associated with abapentin. Dermatitis. 2014 Nov-Dec;25(6):374-5. TAN F; MO X; Georgesen C; GU J. The Trend of Antibiotic Sensitivity of Ureaplasma urealyticum. Progress in Modern Biomedicine. 2014(18).
- Simone L, Georgesen C, Simone P, Wang X, Solheim JC. Productive association between MHC class I and tapasin requires the tapasin transmembrane/cytosolic region and the tapasin C-terminal Ig-like domain. Mol Immunol. 2012 Jan;49(4):628-39.
- Georgesen C, Magro C. "Epidermotropic Primary Cutaneous Gamma Delta T-Cell Lymphoma: A Rare Case with Clinically Indolent Behavior”. Poster presented at the American Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting; Baltimore, MD, October 2017.
- Georgesen C, Magro C. “Pediatric Lymphomatoid Papulosis: A Clinical and Histopathologic Review”. Oral Presentation at the Dermatology Society of Greater New York; New York, NY, February 2017.
- Georgesen C, Keyes A, DiCostanzo D. “Eosinophilic Histiocytosis: A Clinicopathologic Variant or Distinct Diagnosis?”. Poster presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting; Orlando, FL, February 2017.
- Georgesen C, Kheterpal M, Pulitzer M. “A Case of Cutaneous Plasmacytosis”. Poster presented at the American Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting; Chicago, IL, November 2016.
- Georgesen C, Gaan J, Magro C. “Type E Angioinvasive LyP”. Poster presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting; Washington D.C., February 2016.
- Georgesen C, Morrison G, DiMaio, D, Kozel, J. “Cutaneous Collagenous Vasculopathy: A Report of Two Cases with Additional Evidence that Fibrin Thrombi May Play a Role in Pathogenesis”. Poster presented at the American Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting; Chicago, IL, November 2014.
- Georgesen CJ, Solheim JC, Simone LC. “The Influence of Tapasin on MHC Class I Surface Expression and the Immune Response”. Poster presented at the Midwest Student Biomedical Research Forum; Omaha, NE, February 2011.