Cynthia Chen, MD began her residency training at the University of Pittsburgh/UPMC in July 2020. Prior to beginning residency, Dr. Chen completed her undergraduate work at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, going on to earn her medical degree from Columbia University.
Education & Training
- B.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Internship, Mount Sinai St. Luke's and West Hospital Internal Medicine Program
Published or accepted:
1. **Chen C, Gu Y, Geskin LJ. A review of primary cutaneous CD30+ lymphoproliferative disorders. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am, 2018. (Accepted)
2. Blumberg DM, De Moraes CG, Liebmann JM, Garg R, *Chen C, Theventhiran A, Hood DC. Technology and the glaucoma suspect. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci, 2016. 57(9):80-85.
3. Patterson HC, Gerbeth C, Thiru P, Vögtle NF, Knoll M, Shahsafaei A, Samocha KE, Huang CX, Harden MM, Song R, *Chen C, Kao J, Shi J, Salmon W, Shaul YD, Stokes MP, Silva JC, Bell GW, MacArthur DG, Ruland J, Meisinger C, Lodish HF. A respiratory chain controlled signal transduction cascade in the mitochondrial intermembrane space mediates hydrogen peroxide signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci, 2015. 112(42):5679-88.
4. **Chen C, Lodish HF. Global analysis of induced transcription factors and cofactors identifies Tfdp2 as an essential coregulator during terminal erythropoiesis. Exp Hematol, 2014. 42(6):464-76.
5. Bousquet M, Nguyen D, *Chen C, Shields L, Lodish HF. MicroRNA-125b transforms myeloid cell lines by repressing multiple mRNA targets. Haematologica, 2012. 97(11):1713-21.
6. Darnell JC, van Driesche S, Zhang C, Fraser CE, Stone EF, *Chen C, Hung KYS, Richter JD, Darnell RB. FMRP stalls ribosomal translocation on mRNAs linked to synaptic function and autism. Cell, 2011. 146(2):247-261.
7. Phan AT, Kuryavyi V, Darnell JC, Serganov A, Majumd A, Ilin S, Raslin T, Polonskaia A, *Chen C, Clain D, Darnell RB, Patel DJ. Structure-function studies of FMRP RGG peptide recognition of an RNA duplex-quadruplex junction.
Nature Struct. Mol. Biol, 2011. 18(7):796-804.
Under review or preparation:
1. **Chen C, Geskin LJ. Pyridoxal kinase is a novel therapeutic target for cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. JID, 2018. (Under preparation)
2. **Chen C, Bayan CA, Lopez AT, Geskin LJ. Lymphomatoid papulosis in CTCL patients developing as a result of cutaneous inflammation from nitrogen mustard. Br J Derm, 2018. (Under review)
3. **Chen C, Timerman D, Yang CC, Gallitano SM. Sparing of the hair-bearing scalp in Demodex folliculitis. JAAD Case Rep, 2018. (Under review)
4. **Chen C, Flygare J, Zhang L. Functional genomics systematically identify novel regulators of early erythroid progenitor self-renewal. Blood, 2018. (Under review)
5. Chen CC, Li B, Shah H, *Chen C, Mayle A, Morris JP, Li X, Banito A, Robles EM, Cross J, Lowe S, Zhang L. Vitamin B6 addiction in acute myeloid leukemia. Nature, 2018. (Under review)
6. Trivedi G, Inoue D, Bitner L, *Chen C, Chung YR, Taylor J, Abdel-Wahab O, Zhang L. Muscarinic acetylcholin receptor regulates self-renewal of early erythroid BFU-E progenitor. Nature Chem Biol, 2017. (Under revision)