Ellen Koch, MD, joined the Department of Dermatology in 2015. Dr. Koch earned her undergraduate degree at Miami University of Ohio, and recieved her medical degree at The Ohio State University. She served as Chief Resident during her Dermatology Residency at the University of Pittsburgh, and completed a Pediatric Dermatology Fellowship at Johns Hopkins University.
Dr. Koch's clinical focus is general dermatology, teledermatology, and pediatric dermatology. In 2015, she was appointed as the Associate Director of the Dermatology Residency Program.
A Pittsburgh native, Dr. Koch returned to her hometown in the summer of 2015 to join the University of Pittsburgh Department of Dermatology. She lives in Mount Washington with her husband, Keith.
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Society of Pediatric Dermatology
Specialized Areas of Interest
Pediatric Dermatology, Teledermatology
Dr. Koch's clinical interests include pediatric dermatology and teledermatology. She is committed to academic medicine and hopes to lead the residency program to face new challenges including optimization of medical technology and patient-centered delivery of care.
Education & Training
- B.S., Miami University of Ohio
- M.D., Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Residency, Dermatology, University of Pittsburgh
- Fellowship, Pediatric Dermatology, Johns Hopkins University
Dr. Koch’s recent publications can be reviewed through the National Library of Medicine’s database.