Emily Cai, MD began her residency training at the University of Pittsburgh/UPMC in July 2020. Prior to beginning residency, she successfully completed her undergraduate work at Cornell University, moving on to earn her medical degree from Stanford University.
Education & Training
- B.A., Cornell University
- MD, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Cai ED, Swetter SM, Sarin KY. “Association of multiple primary melanomas with malignancy risk: a population-based analysis of the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program database from 1973-2014.” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2018 Oct 1. doi: 10.1016/j.jaad.2018.09.027. [Epub ahead of print]
- Cai ED, Sun BK, Chiang A, Rogers A, Bernet L, Cheng B, Teng J, Rieger K, Sarin KY. “Postzygotic Mutations in Beta-Actin are Associated with Becker’s Nevus and Becker’s Nevus Syndrome.” Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 2017;137(8):1795-1798.
- Ko JS, Matharoo-Ball B, Billings SD, Thomson BJ, Tang JY, Sarin KY, Cai E, Kim J, Rock C, Kimbrell HZ, Flake DD 2nd, Warf MB, Nelson J, Davis T, Miller C, Ruston K, Hartman AR, Wenstrup RJ, Clark, LE. “Diagnostic Distinction of Malignant Melanoma and Benign Nevi by a Gene Expression Signature and Correlation to Clinical Outcomes.” Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention. 2017 Jul; 26(7):1107-1113.
- Cai ED, Kim J. “Identification of Novel Targetable Mutations in Metastatic Anorectal Melanoma by Next Generation Sequencing.” JAAD Case Reports. 2017 Nov; 3(6): 539–541.