Jonathan J. Lee, MD began his residency at the University of Pittsburgh in July, 2016.
Dr. Lee received his undergraduate degree, in public health, from the University of California, Berkeley. He went on to earn his medical degree from Harvard Medical School. Dr. Lee completed additional training in the form of a post-junior fellowship in pathology, at Brigham and Women's Hospital, and completed his internship at Mount Auburn Hospital before beginning his residency program in Pittsburgh.
Dr. Lee's clinical interests include: dermatopathology and dermatologic surgery.
Education & Training
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
- M.D., Harvard Medical School
- Internship, Mount Auburn Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Lee JJ, Vilain RE, Granter SR, Hu N, Bresler S, Xu S, Frank AH, Mihm, Jr MC, Fletcher CD, Scolyer RA, Murphy GF, Lian CG. 5-Hydroxymethylcytosine is a nuclear biomarker to assess biological potential in histologically ambiguous heavily pigmented melanocytic neoplasms. J Cutan Pathol. 2016 Dec 29. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lee JJ, Jedrych J, Pantanowitz L, Ho J. Validation of digital pathology for primary histopathological diagnosis of routine, inflammatory dermatopathology cases. Am J Dermatopathol. 2017. In Press.
- Lee JJ, Lian CG. Loss of 5-hydroxymethycytosine: Enhancing precision in the diagnosis and prognosis of cutaneous malignant melanoma. Pub Health Emerg. 2017. In Press.
- Lee JJ, Mihm MC, Cook M, Murphy GF, Lian CG, et al. Loss of the Epigenetic Mark, 5-hydroxymethylcytosine, Correlates with Small Cell/Nevoid Subpopulations and Assists in Microstaging of Human Melanoma. Oncotarget. 2015 Nov 10;6(35):37995-8004.
- Lee JJ, Lindeman NI, Chin G, Hodi FS, Ott PA, Luke JJ, Granter SR, Laga AC, Yoon CH, Haynes HA, Werchniak AE, Lin JY, Liu R, Bailey N, Murphy GF, Lian CG. Targeted next generation sequencing of treatment-naïve metastatic melanoma specimens reveals high frequency of epigenetic alterations. Clinical Epigenetics. 2015 June 9;7(1):59.
- Lee JJ, Granter SR, Laga AC, Saavedra A, Zhan Q, Guo W, Xu S, Murphy GF, Lian CG. 5-hydroxymethylcytosine distinguishes between metastatic melanoma and nodal nevi in sentinel lymph node biopsies. Modern Pathology. 2015 Feb;28(2):218-29.
- Lee JJ, Murphy GF, Lian CG. Melanoma epigenetics: New mechanisms, markers, and medicines. Laboratory Investigation. 2014: 2014 Aug;94(8):822-38.
- Lee JJ, Mochel MC, Piris A, Boussahmain C, Mahalingam M, Hoang MP. p40 exhibits superior specificity than p63 in distinguishing between primary cutaneous adnexal carcinomas and cutaneous metastasis. Human Pathology. 2014 May;45(5):1078-83.
- Lee JJ, Kim GE, Luo L, Girouard SD, Carlberg VC, Mostaghimi A. Palliative Management of Refractory Pruritus Associated with Carcinoma Eryspieloides et en Cuirasse. BMJ Palliative & Supportive Care. 2016 Mar;6(1):119-21.Lee JJ Frankel HC, Mostaghimi A, Murphy GF, Lian CG. Staphylococcal Scalded Skin Syndrome in an Adult on Chemotherapy. Dermatopathology. 2014;1:75-80.
- Lee JJ, Nambudiri VE, Henneberry J, Larson AR, Wanner M. Post-Transplant Diagnosis of Hereditary Leiomyomatosis and Renal Cell Carcinoma (HLRCC) Syndrome in a Kidney Donor. Clinical Kidney Journal. 2014. 7 (6): 615-616.
- Lee JJ, Frankel HC, Mostaghimi A, Murphy GF, Lian CG. Staphylococcal Scalded Skin Syndrome in an Adult on Chemotherapy. Dermatopathology. 2014;1:75-80.
- Guo W, Xu T, Lee JJ, Murphy GF, Lian CG. Epigenetic Markers in Melanoma. Melanoma Manag. 2015 Nov;2(4):367-82.
- Wang T, Xu C, Zhou X, Li C, Zhang H, Lian BQ, Lee JJ, Shen J, Liu Y, Lian CG. Homozygous ALOXE3 nonsense variant identified in a patient with non-bullous congenital ichthyosiform erythroderma complicated by superimposed bullous majocchi’s granuloma: The consequences of skin barrier dysfunction. Int J Molec Sci. 2015 Sep 9;16(9):21791-801.
- Tao W, Xu C, Zhou X, Li C, Zhang X, Lee JJ, Liu Y, Lian CG. Novel ERCC5 Mutations Identified in a Chinese Family of a Xeroderma Pigmentosum Complement Group G Patient. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology Case Reports. 2015 Mar;1(2):66-70.
- Milner DA, Lee JJ, Frantzreb C, et al. Quantitative Assessment of Whole Body Tissue Sequestration in Fatal Pediatric Cerebral Malaria. J Infect Dis. 2015 Oct 15;212(8):1317-21.
- Lee JJ, Bredella MA, Springfield DS, Nielsen . Soft tissue angiofibroma: A case report. Skeletal Radiology. 2014 Mar;43(3):403-7.
Epigenetic biomarkers in dermatopathology, digital pathology, recreational/athletic sun exposure and skin cancer risk/prevention.