Joseph C. English, III, MD, is the Medical Director of UPMC North Hills Dermatology, Professor of Dermatology at the University of Pittsburgh, and the Director of the UPMC Teledermatology Program.
Dr. English has been a faculty member at the University of Pittsburgh Department of Dermatology since 2003. He served as the Medical Director of the UPMC Department of Dermatology’s Falk Clinic, Director of the Department of Dermatology’s Residency Program, and Clinical Vice Chairman for Quality and Innovation. He has a broad range of interests in medical dermatology and has more than 160 various peer-reviewed publications in the field of dermatology. Dr. English is the lead author of the textbook "Skin Signs of Systemic Disease".
His current focus is on expanding the departments teledermatology platforms/capabilities for the patients of the UPMC Health Plan.
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- Pittsburgh Academy of Dermatology
- Pennsylvania Academy of Dermatology
- American Hair Research Society
- American Telemedicine Association
Education & Training
- B.S., St. Bonaventure University, St. Bonaventure, NY
- M.D., Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
- Internship, Categorical Medicine, Brooke Army Medical Center, Ft. Sam Houston, TX
- Residency, Brooke Army Medical Center, Ft. Sam Houston, TX
Dr. English’s publications can be reviewed at the National Library of Medicine’s public database.
Medical Dermatology, Teledermatology, Hair and Nail Disease, Noninfectious Granulomatous Disorders