Suzan Obagi, MD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Dermatology, with a secondary appointment as an Associate Professor in the Department of Plastic Surgery, and a tertiary appointment as an Associate Professor of Clinical and Translational Science. Dr. Obagi joined the Department of Dermatology in 2000, after completing a Dermatology Residency, and a Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh.
Prior to joining the Department of Dermatology, Dr. Obagi earned her undergraduate degrees in biology and psychology at the University of California, San Diego, and received her medical degree from the University of Pittsburgh; She completed her internship at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center.
Dr. Obagi is the Director of the UPMC Cosmetic Surgery and Skin Health Center locations in both Wexford and Shadyside. Additionally, she serves as the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship program at the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Obagi is active in medical student education in the Department of Dermatology, where she is the Course Director for the Dermatology portion of the Specialty Care Clerkship at the University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine. Additionally, Dr. Obagi directs the Dermatology Residency Program's Surgery Core Curriculum, and trains residents on the practices of dermatologic and cosmetic surgery procedures. An internationally renowned expert in the area of Cosmetic Dermatology and Surgery, Dr. Obagi has given numerous seminars, lectures, and media appearances on the subject.
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Dermatology Foundation – Leaders Society
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Laster in Medicine Society
- Women’s Dermatologic Society
- American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Education & Training
- B.S., University of California San Diego
- B.A., University of California San Diego
- M.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Internship, University of California Irvine Medical Center
- Residency, Dermatology, UPMC Health Center
- Fellowship, Cosmetic Surgery, UPMC Health Center
- January 2014: TIME magazine. Interview on Skin Aging.
- August 2013: Femme Magazine. Interview with Dr. Suzan Obagi. Cosmetic Dermatology
- July 2013: Die Welt. The Days of Plenty are Over
- June 2013: Women’s Health. Four Ways to Fix Common Skin Problems
- June 2013: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Many Women Are Opting To Go Under The Knife to Deal With Their Flabby Arms
- April 2013: Women’s Health. Four Ways to Fix Common Skin Problems
- April 2013: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. More Adults Battling Acne Breakouts
- March 2013: WebTalkRadio.net. “Inside Cosmetic Surgery Today”
- August 2012: Good Morning America. Story on Eye Creams
- August 2012: Today Show. Story on the “Tan Mom” - “Tan Mom” Reveals New Tan-Free Look
- March 2012: CBS Pittsburgh. Dermatologist Warns Against Overdoing Skin Treatments
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Dermatologic Surgery