Dermatology Clinical Trials
The Department of Dermatology is currently involved in several clinical trials and registries in the areas of:
- Moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis
- Hidradenitis suppurativa
- Actinic Keratosis
- Palmaoplantar pustulosis
New studies are always being added, so check this page often for updates!
Contact Us About Participating in a Clinical Trial
A member of our team will be in touch with you within two business days.
Laura K. Ferris, MD, PhD, Director of Clinical Trials and Assistant Professor of Dermatology
Dr. Ferris earned her doctorate in immunology from Johns Hopkins University and her medical degree from the University of Maryland. She competed her residency in dermatology at the University of Pittsburgh/UPMC and currently sees patients in the Oakland and Harmarville offices of the Department of Dermatology.
Additional Research Staff:
- Timothy J. Patton, DO - Sub-Investigator
- Charity Ruhl, LPN - Study Coordinator
- Hannah Glass, PA-C - Sub-Investigator
- Douglas Kress, MD - Sub-Investigator
- Megan Sullivan, BS - Study Coordinator
- Anna Sweeney, MS - Study Coordinator
- Samantha Ratica, BA, Research Project Assistant
Falk Medical Building
3601 Fifth Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15213