A Postdoctoral position is currently available (contact Dr. Bunimovich for additional details).
The Bunimovich lab conducts basic and translational investigations of mechanisms and therapies of skin diseases.
Research projects include:
- Neuroimmune regulation of melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer progression.
- These studies focus on understanding how sensory neurons and Schwann cells contribute to cancer progression and metastasis, specifically via immunomodulatory mechanisms.
- Pathogenesis of lipid redox dysregulation in the inflammatory skin diseases.
- These studies explore novel signaling mechanisms of dysregulated redox lipid products generated in keratinocytes and immune cells, and their relevance to psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
- Role of ferroptosis in neoplastic and inflammatory skin diseases.
- These studies focus on ferroptosis in different cellular compartments in cutaneous diseases and on targeting ferroptosis as a novel therapeutic approach to treat neoplastic and inflammatory skin diseases.
- Glial functions in cancer, skin inflammation, wound healing and peripheral neuropathy.
- These studies focus on peripheral glial cells, abd their role in a wide range of physiological and pathological processes in the skin.
Dr. Bunimovich's publications can be reviewed here.